Operating every 2nd and 4th Saturday at Zoo Drive Wendouree. (The market on the 4th Saturday in December may not operate if it conflicts with Christmas dates).
We also hold a special twilight market (4-8pm) on a Friday night before Christmas
Ballarat Farmers Market aims to provide customers with a wide range of quality items, preferably unique to Ballarat. The market is primarily for farmers and producers of quality fresh regional produce and local products. We also welcome art & craft, plants, gifts, homewares, beauty, health and other products; again with an emphasis on local producers where possible.
We always prefer farmers who are direct-selling, but will accept some reselling, in order to maintain regular supply for market customers.
Stallholders are welcome to come to all markets, or just once a month. Many stallholders attend on a seasonal basis, based on either the seasonal growth & harvest cycle of their produce, or the fact that their product is weather sensitive (e.g. ice cream sales!).
If you’d like to have a stall at either or both of the markets, please first read the Market Charter and then fill out the application below.
Important points to remember if your application is successful:
- All marquees must be weighed down (we recommend 20kg per leg) but NO PEGS please! (There are underground water & power lines in the reserve)
- TAKE your RUBBISH home – don’t use public bins for stallholder rubbish… they are for customers only and the market will be fined if stallholders use public bins. Yes, they check!
- Steve or a helper will be on site from 7 am on market days. Please text us if you are running late, so we know to keep your spot. Please arrive with plenty of time to set up so you are ready to trade at 9 am.
- STAY until 1 pm. Some customers come late. We advertise that we are operating from 9 – 1 so please let’s honour that.
Stallholders participate in the Ballarat Farmers Market at their own risk and are required to indemnify and hold harmless the Market Manager, Market contractors, Burns, Counter & Associates Pty Ltd, and the City of Ballarat against any claim for damages, costs, claims, expenses and liabilities (including without limitations consequential loss and loss of profit) in respect of any loss, damage, injury, disease or death caused through any of the stallholders’ activities at the Ballarat Farmers Market. Current Public Liability insurance is required for all stall holders. Copies must be provided prior to initial market attendance.
Completing this application indicates that you will abide by State COVID restrictions and the Ballarat Farmers Market COVID management plan. Note that restrictions are subject to change and that it is your responsibility to stay up-to-date. Key requirements include:
- all stalls must use the Services Victoria QR code sign-in system, including having paper system for shoppers without smart phones
- masks must be worn where social distancing cannot be maintained
- as Authorised Workers, stallholders and all their staff must have proof of vaccination as per current Victorian requirements
If you have any questions or issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you download the above form and complete it, please either scan and email it back OR post a hard copy. Please don’t email photos taken with your phone as the print quality from these is very poor.
You will be contacted soon after applying – either by email or phone – to let you know whether you’ve been successful or so we can get more information.
If we don’t have a spot for you now, we may keep your information on file for the Christmas twilight Market (a Friday night a week or so before Christmas Day) or so we can contact you in the event that an existing stallholder leaves.